Athens of Finland gets ready for the 100th anniversary of Finland
In 2017 Athenis Finlandiae -event turns 10 years and Finland turns 100 years. The arrangements for the event has already began - next year we continue in the spirit of a festival! More information coming soon.
Interested of the culture event or co-operation? Contact toimisto(at)mukuta.fi!
Athenis Finlandiae culture event is part of Finland's independence centennial program in 2017.
ATHENIS FINLANDIAE 11.-13.8.2016
Athenis Finlandiae culture event is successfully behind! we want to thank all of our partners, lecturers and participants. Event included interesting and fascinating openings from famous lectures and also program for the whole family! Event was hosted by a member of the parliament Aila Paloniemi.
Location: Jyväskyläs University of Applied Sciences, Lutakko campus, Piippukatu 2
Date: 11th-13th of August 2016
The official opening of the event: 11th of August 2016 at 5pm
The event program included for example:
- Sanni Grahn-Laasonen, Minister of Education and Culture, the official patron of the event
- Timo Koivisto, Mayor of Jyväskylä
- Raija Partanen, Finland100 regional coordinator, Central Finland
- Joonas Ilmavirta, postdoctoral researcher, University of Jyväskylä
- Tapani Mattila, Regional Council of Central Finland
- Paavo Lipponen, Former Prime Minister of Finland
- George Hart, Bridges Organization's Vice President
- Kristof Fenyvesi, Researcher of STEAM learning, University of Jyväskylä
- Maarit Rossi, mathematics teacher, contend of Varkey Foundation Global Teacher Prize 2016 -competition among the top 10
- Jussi Halttunen, Rector of Jyväskylä University of Applied Sciences
- Matti Manninen, Rector of the University of Jyväskylä
- Puppet theater for the whole family, Theater Capelle
- Book sales and exhibition
- Networking and socializing with a cup of coffee
ATHENIS FINLANDIAE 2016 PROGRAM
The opening ceremony has limited number of places! Registrations will be accepted in the order of registration and confirmed on behalf of MuKuTa. You can register straight to toimisto(at)mukuta.fi.
EXCURSION DAY 13.8.2016
On Saturday, August 13, 2016, we organized in cooperation with Bridges Finland 2016 a cultural excursion
which includes a visit to Alvar Aalto Museum (Jyväskylä), UNESCO's World Heritage Church - the Old Church of Petäjävesi, Serlachius Museums (Mänttä) and Corey Cerovsek & Paavali Jumppanen Duo's Concert.
Campus map: www.jamk.fi
Services in the Jyväskylä Region: www.jyvaskylanseutu.fi
28 hours in Jyväskylä: www.youtube.com
Jyväskylä is easy to reach:
by rail: www.vr.fi
by road: www.matkahuolto.fi
by air: www.finnair.fi
Hotels and useful information about the Jyväskylä Region
Rights for changes reserved.