Athenis Finlandiae culture event is part of the programme for the centenary of Finland’s independence in 2017.
This years Athenis Finlandiae 2016 culture event was arranged 11th-13th of August in Jyväskylä. This years theme was Finland. The official patron of the event was Sanni Grahn-Laasonen, Minister of Education and Culture.
Athenis Finlandiae cultural event has been held annually in Jyväskylä Finland since 2008. Every year the event gathered lots of people interested in culture to Jyväskylä.
The Athenis Finlandiae - team continued its close cooperation with the University of Jyväskylä and the JAMK University of Applied Sciences and had also formed a cooperation with HUMAK University of Applied Sciences. The team is youthful and this was also presented in the lecturers and the topics, which had been designed for the general public more than ever.
The members of the Athenis Finlandiae-team, in addition to the personnel at the Association for the Promotion of Music, Culture and Arts, includes for example
- Latinist Joonas Ilmavirta (University of Jyväskylä)
- Lecturer Timo Sironen (University of Oulu)
- Lecturer Erkki Sironen (University of Helsinki)
- Doctor-latinist Ylermi Luttinen (Pori)
- Professor Teivas Oksala (Espoo)
- Chairman of the Classics of Turku Antti Jääskeläinen (Turku)
- The young theologist-philologist Emil Anton (Vantaa)
- The latinist-writer Maija-Leena Kallela (Tampere)
Previous years we were honored to cooperate with the the prestigious people, for example:
- Finnish author Sofi Oksanen, patron of the event (2015)
- Minister of Education and Communications Krista Kiuru, patron of the event (2014)
- Minister Elisabeth Rehn, patron of the event (2013)
- German Ambassador to Finland Dr. Thomas Götz
- Norwegian Ambassador to Finland Jørg Willy Bronebakk
- Chinese Ambassador to Finland Huang Xing
- Minister Paavo Arhinmäki, patron of the event (2012)
- Ambassador Petri Tuomi-Nikula, patron of the event (2011)
- President of Finland Tarja Halonen, patron of the event (2010)
- Minister Henna Virkkunen, patron of the event (2009)
- Minister Mauri Pekkarinen, patron of the event (2008)
We'd like to thank all of our participants and sponsors.
Welcome to our event!